In what is surely just an iceberg's-tip of planted valentines day 'survey' stories, Lovefilm has generated a top 10 romantic films list. Mostly via the Press Association, they've got it into:
- The Independent: Love Actually beats Dirty Dancing and Ghost in 'most romantic film' poll (unsourced.org page)
- The Age: Most romantic films for a snuggle
- Sydney Morning Herald: Most romantic films for a snuggle (unsourced.org page)
- Brisbane Times: Most romantic films for a snuggle
- Huffington Post UK: Valentine's Day: Which Films Get Britain In The Mood For Romance? (unsourced.org page)
- The Sun: It’s war of the roses
...among other outlets.
And in a somewhat planted meta-story about planted survey stories, Steve Cooper of hitchedmag.com has written a piece for Forbes, summarising a bunch of the valentine-related surveys he's been sent:
Although there seems to be a conspicuous lack of most-romantic-movie-surveys in his roundup...